On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 02:00:34PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
-> I want to be able to have macros that will expand to such things as
-> domain names which can be used anywhere.  For example I send a lot of
-> mail to *different* users at both my work domain (kbss.bt.co.uk) and
-> my home domain (isbd.demon.co.uk).  It would be nice if I could set up
-> (two character?) macros that would expand to these domains rather than
-> having to type them in every time.
->
-> Aliases don't help as they expect to be a full email address (or can
-> aliases be used for parts of names?). I don't send mail frequently
-> enough to specific users at isbd.demon.co.uk for it to be worth creating
-> aliases for them but I do send mail very frequently to <different
-> names>@isbd.demon.co.uk so a quick way of entering @isbd.demon.co.uk
-> would be very useful.
->
-> The existing macro facility doesn't help because the macros
-> are only detected at the beginning of any command.
->
-> I don't think this can be done in mutt at the moment but I think it
-> would be useful - what do others think regarding adding it to the
-> wish-list?

This seems to me to be the sort of thing you could easily do in your
editor. That also seems to me to be the place for it.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley