On 2000-05-25 17:42:17 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>>i reveive ".mgp" files as text/plain attachments,
>>because most people don't know about magicpoint (a
>>little known

> set auto view in .muttrc

> For example, I use

> auto_view application/ms-tnef text/x-vcard
> auto_view application/x-chess application/x-lotus-notes
> auto_view text/html application/x-gzip application/x-gunzip
> auto_view application/rtf application/x-rath

*grin* I don't think you have a handler for x-rath, have
you? ;-)  Actually, this looks like cut-n-paste from my
published muttrc.

Anyway, this won't help.

To answer the original question: For mutt, no such thing
as a file extension exists when it looks at how to
interpret incoming data. This implies that about the only
possibility you have is to use the edit-type function to
change the attachment's content type, and then use the
normal MIME handling.  If you want to make this change
persistent, you should most likely use the edit-message
function instead...

--
http://www.guug.de/~roessler/