Sometime around Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 08:53:25AM +0200, clemensF said:
> i have this in my .muttrc:
>
> set spoolfile="$HOME/mail/IN/"
> mailboxes ! "/var/qmail/alias/Maildir/" "/tmp/dubletten" "/tmp/spam"
>
> ... and whenever i type 'c', it reliably tells me the next of these folders
> containing new mail.  i have my timeouts set to one minute, so after one
> minute idleing and on any status-changing command, it beeps and tells me
> where to find new mail.  no mistakes, works always (version 1.0.1).

That sucks! you have 1.0.1 and it works andI have 1.2 and it still
doesn't work. oh well.. like "Mikko Hanninen" pointed out in the earlier
mails.. I guess something is messing up the "timestamps" on my folders
and thats the reason mutt does not recognize my new mail files. Well I
tried changing my muttrc so that it looks like yours.. I put in that !
sign to say its incoming mail, but it still doesn't recognize it..
either its the timestamp thats messed up or I am too tired and doing it
wrong.. This is how my muttrc looks like. I will check it again tomorrow
morning and try to make it work.

set folder=~/mail
mailboxes ! `echo $folder/*`
source ~/.addressesmutt

And all my mailing list files are in that mail directory, so that can't
go wrong. and my spool file is the default spool file, I didn't change
it. oh well.. tomorrow!

thank you
Aravind