Nils Vogels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Sat, 10 Jun 2000:
> The problem isnt mutt, since mutt handles the .gz folders perfectly ..
> the problem is my mail delivery .. how do I tell procmail to add the
> mail in .gz format to the other mails ?

First off, I would tell you not to deliver mail to gzipped mailboxes.
If you want to keep your archived mail in gzipped folders, I'd keep
those separate from the incoming folders, and then you can move all
email to the archive folder with Mutt once you've read it.  You can
even do "set move=yes" and set $record in folder-hooks to get
folder-specific archive folders, and automatic archiving of read
messages.

If you still insist on doing delivery from procmail into a gzipped
folder, here's how:   | gzip -c >> folder.gz
You can just append gzipped data at the end of previously gzipped data,
and it will work.  However, you *do* need to take care of some
precautions to make sure the folder is locked somehow.  You may want to
write a shell script for gzip delivery that takes care of locking before
it writes to the folder, and then use that shell script to deliver from
procmail.  (Or maybe you could use procmail's ":lockfile" method on the
rule specification line, I don't know.)

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /