On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 04:37:02PM -0500, David Champion
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
[...]
> If people want to probe the IMAP server every 15 minutes from their
> own systems, that's not our business, but if they probe every 90
> seconds, that also becomes our business, and we ask them to stop.

Sure, but why is it ok to poll every 15 minutes with
$GENERIC_MAIL_CLIENT but not ok to poll every 15 minutes with
fetchmail?  *That* is the question at hand, the answer to which was
"*sigh* managers".

Although this sprung from "why can't I make mutt poll every n
minutes", dragging this marginally on topic.  :-)

--
Jim Toth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]