Dale Morris muttered:
> I've never been able to get slrn to open or autoview an image file after
> it's downloaded.

# .mailcap
> image/gif; ee %s
> image/jpg; ee %s

Seems correct. Maybe you should put these lines into /etc/mailcap.
AFAIK ~/.mailcap will not be considered by every program. I have
'image/*; ee %s; copiousoutput' in my /etc/mailcap and it works fine. I
don't know about autoviewing with slrn what do the docs say about it?
With mutt you would need the 'copiousoutput' option to do autoviewing
maybe with slrn it's the same?

HTH,

Michael
--
The more data I punch in this card, the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost.

PGP-fingerprint: DECA E9D2 EBDD 0FE0 0A65  40FA 5967 ACA1 0B57 7C13