Hi folks,

Maybe I have a case of the stupids here, but I used the gpgrc file that
comes with the source distro and when I sign a mail with my GPG signature
the entire message gets converted to SMIME format.

This may be OK for some MUAs out there, but when I send mail to where I
work from home using mutt and sign them with GPG the recipient is going to
see this from Micro$oft Outlook which does horrible things to SMIME. Also
because of this it would appear that the PGP client for windows can't figure
out how to verify the signature when it is in SMIME format.

Maybe my memory is warped, but I seem to remember that PGP normally signs
messages  keeping the body of the email in text format.  Is there a way
of doing the same thing under the GPG/Mutt combination?  Or am I stuck with
SMIME format messages when I sign them?

I checked the FAQ and searched the archives already to no avail....

--
Peter L. Berghold                      http://www.berghold.net