On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 01:10:34PM -0700, Shane Wegner wrote:
-> Hi all,
->
-> I have been using PGP with Mutt now for quite some time and have had no
-> problems.  I am however, experiencing difficulty encrypting to someone using
-> PGP version 6 with Microsoft Outlook.
->
-> I am using GPG and a RSA key to encrypt but the message shows up in outlook
-> as xxxxx.dat as a file attachment and the decrypt option from the PGP menu
-> doesn't do anything.  Sending encrypted mail between outlook accounts works
-> fine.  As does encrypting a message from Outlook to Mutt.  Mutt hapily
-> decrypts it.
->
-> It seems that Mutt and Outlook are using slightly different MIME formats for
-> PGP support.  Is there some sort of option or method to enable PGP
-> interoperability with Windows.
->
-> I imagine this must get asked a lot but I can't seem to find anything in
-> pgp_notes.txt or the documentation.

Take a look at pgp_create_traditional in the manual for mutt v. 1.2. I use
it for someone who has an ancient version of Eudora. If you must use it, I
recommend you set it as follows:

set pgp_create_traditional=ask-no

Then the default, no, is the easiest, a simple return.

->
-> Best regards,
-> Shane
->
->
-> --
-> Shane Wegner: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-> Personal website: http://www.cm.nu/~shane/

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature