Because it's simple yet non-intutive?

I would think that if 'r' is reply then 'R' should be group reply because
it's the greater reply.  This is very comon function people use often and it
suprises them when it fails to work.  The suprise is what makes it a FAQ
item.  Something you expect to be complex people will spend more time with.

A coffee shop I go to had a lever as a door knob.  You pushed it down to
open the door.  One day it broke and the repair was done wrong resulting in
having to pull up the lever to open the door.  People could not figure this
out.  It was great fun.  People would push down, it wouldn't work, and they
would be dumbfounded.  Even after the shop posted signs the assumtion that
the door was broken continued stop people from reading the sign.

Any way what I'm suggesting is this is not a FAQ item but rather a design
flaw.

Cheers Andrew