On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, David T-G wrote:

> ... and that's because they are most frequently the ones who need the
> most help.

Of course :p

> Even though it's marked text/plain, that doesn't mean that LookOut!
> users aren't depending on their mailer to autoformat their lines
> based on fluctuating window width and such...

I still think that text/plain should be just that: plain :)

> Right; that '+' char is to let you know that mutt had to break the line
> for display but it's actually connected to the apparent one above.  See
> sections 6.3.80 and 6.3.181 of the manual.

Yes, I understand that, and appreciate it when receiving preformatted
data as it shows me that the line is a continuation of the previous
without requiring me to scroll right through a 230 character line.

> %
> % # Force multipart/alternative to appropriate column widths
> %:0
> % * ^Content-Type.*multipart/alternative
> % {
> %:0 fbBw
> %         * ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*quoted-printable
> %         | sed -e "s/=$//g"
>
> Are you sure that that shouldn't be "s/= $//" (and you certainly don't
> need the /g if you're targeting the end of the line!)?  When I have q-p
> messages whose lines have been broken, that's what I get...

Actually, the '=' seems to be hanging at the end without a trailing
space on the ones I receive.  (And you're right, I don't need the /g,
it's there through force of habit :)

--
       _
     _|_|_