On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 19:51:16 +0300, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
> I don't know if ispell supports getting the text from STDIN, but if
> it does you can use | to pipe the current text into it instead, I
> guess.

It doesn't as far as I know. But you can with advantage use my
program newsbody as a filter between Mutt and ispell. The following
examples are taken the programs README file:

| Examples:
|
| Use newsbody to call ispell from the Mutt mailer, but don't
| spell check your quotes (they should not be changed) or your
| signature.
|
| Method 1 using Mutt's built-in ispell command:
|  - Make a shell script with this command:
|    newsbody -hqs -n $2 -p ispell -- -x %f
|  - Make Mutt's ispell command call the script by means of this
|    command in your .muttrc:
|    set ispell=path/to/script
|
| Method 2 using a filter:
|  - Define this Mutt macro in your .muttrc:
|    macro compose i \
|            "<filter-entry>newsbody -hqs -n - -p ispell -- -x %f<enter>" \
|            "run ispell on the selected part"

You can find newsbody as part as the spellutils package at

BTW. The Mutt translator teams may find the other program in the
package (pospell) useful.

--
Byrial
http://home.worldonline.dk/~byrial/