On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-1] André Dahlqvist wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 10:21:04AM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
>
> > perhaps your xterm doesn't have eightBitInput resource set
>
> But like I pointed out later in my message, 8-bit input works in the
> xterm. The only time it fails is when I run emacs from within it.
emacs is probably interpreting the 8-bit characters as if they're
"meta" characters.  xterm would either send a 160 as 160, or
as <esc>32.

I see occasional reports of problems in this area, but not enough
to think that emacs cannot be told to treat the 8-bit characters
as is.

--
T.E.Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dickey.his.com