Hi there,

I have configured GnuPG to receive public keys from a keyserver
automatically.

,---- [ .mutt/gpgrc ]
| # receive key from keyserver:
| set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys --keyring pubring.gpg %r"
`----

However, when viewing a signed/encrypted message with this command
turned on, the pager output is (a little) garbled: the PGP output is
mixed up with remainders of the index screen we have just left, and
the status bar near the bottom of the screen is double. When I go back
to the index and re-enter the same message, I even get a triple status
bar.

When I redirect error messages to /dev/null, it works fine:

,---- [ .mutt/gpgrc ]
| # receive key from keyserver:
| set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys --keyring pubring.gpg %r 2>/dev/null"
`----

The error message that frequently occurs to me when entering a PGP
signed message is: gpg: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: not a valid key ID, but
gpg continues and finds the key. Why does this happen? I think that
the "%r" is the the placeholder when calling gpg, isn't it?

But no matter why GnuPG reports this error, mutt does not seems to
handle the output right.  I have tried with the latest stable and
unstable versions of mutt and GnuPG, with xterm and rxvt 2.6.x and
2.7.3.

Christian