On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 09:59:25 +0200, Michael Lyngbøl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One my FreeBSD box I've set "LANG=da_DK.ISO_8859-1" to make vi (also
> used as my mutt editor) display danish characters. It works.
>
> But now I've also got the menus in mutt in danish language which I do
> not want. How do I "reset" this to english?

Solution 1: Don't set the environment variable LANG, but set LC_CTYPE
instead.

Solution 2: Define LC_MESSAGES=C.

Solution 3: Configure Mutt with "--disable-nls".

The locale settings are affected by a number of environment variables:

  LC_COLLATE  - how to collate or sort alphabetically
  LC_CTYPE    - character handling, which chars are printable, letters etc.
  LC_MONETARY - defines the local money symbol
  LC_MESSAGES - affects the languages of messages, and yes/no answers etc.
  LC_NUMERIC  - how to format numbers
  LC_TIME     - language and format for times and dates

  LC_ALL      - everything, overrides all of the above

  LANG        - everything, overriden by all of above

--
Byrial
http://home.worldonline.dk/~byrial/