I have recently started to play with mixmaster but have had a mixed
experience. I have been overseas and off the mutt lists for a while but
I did look up the discussions on egroups and found that there had been a
discussion about mixmaster support. It seems that mutt calls mixmaster
with the "-T" flag which I think returns the remailers from type2.list
file. Is this correct?

However I understand that version 2.9beta23 which I tried first does not
support the "-T" flag. I then tried version 2.0 and this also appears to
not support the "-T" flag. So, what versions of mixmaster does mutt
support?

I also failed to get either version of mixmaster to actually work
outside mutt. This is of course off topic for the mutt list, but I will
outline my problems and ask people to e-mail me rather than continue to
discuss these non-mutt problems on the list. Of course the mutt topics
above can be discussed on the list.

I used a RS6000 with AIX 2.3.5.  On compile it finally got to the link
stage for mix and said it could not link snprintf and vsnprintf. I took
these from the mutt source as snprintf.c, moved this into the Src
directory, compiled it, altered the makefile to add it to the link step
and did a Make. This linked mix correctly and nothing else. Does anyone
see any problem with this?

I then tried using it to send a message. If I used it non-anonymously,
it worked fine. Anonymously all seemed to go well until I got to "mail
message". It then responded "Creating message ..." and hung. After
some time it responds with "Killed" and aborts the process.

Can anyone see where things may be going wrong?

Version 2.0 failed to link on the RS6000 under AIX as it did not find
flock.

On an old DEC Alpha I failed to compile verison 2.9beta23 but I have not
had time to really check this out. Version 2.0 compiled fine, but again
I had trouble sending. I responded to all the requests including the
remailer chain and then it responded:-

Error: Public Key IDs do not match!
Can't get public key!

What is it trying to match? I'm lost.

I would welcome any help by e-mail to these mixmaster questions and any
discussion on the list about the future of mixmaster support in mutt.
Thomas says he is very busy and no longer uses mixmaster, so I guess it
is up to us if we want to progress it.

Cheers, Brian.

--
Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      School of Biological, Environmental and Chemical Sciences, SITE,