Roland and Dave --

...and then Roland Rosenfeld said...
% On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, David T-G wrote:
%
% > $collection after lbdbq calls m_gpg_query and that they get stripped
% > by munge and munge-keeporder.
%
% That's the point.

Gotcha.

%
% > I'm not exactly sure what's going on in munge-keeporder, but munge
% > appears to be building an array (named "line") indexed by email
% > address -- only.
%
% Yes.  This is a feature :-)

Hokay :-)

%
% > Have I stumbled on a limitation of lbdbq and munge, or has my habit
% > of keeping keys to decrypt old messages messed me up unlike anyone
% > else?
%
% Don't forget that lbdb isn't used for decrypting mail but only for
% collecting mail addresses and attached user names.  It is intended to

Hmmm...  Well, that is a good point.  I was thinking of it perhaps as a
little DB of more things, like not just email addresses but also what
keys are available and so on (more that I had not yet dreamed up ;-)

% find hopefully all matching addresses/user names and to offer not too
% many duplicates, which would make it useless.

Gotcha.

%
% But I added a line to the TODO list to think about changing this
% behavior...

In retrospect I now understand this, so perhaps it needs not a change in
behavior but a change in level of expectation or perception (or maybe
just a change of user! :-)

%
% Tschoeeee
%