Hi again, folks --

...and then David @ BigFoot said...
%
% ...and then Jason Helfman said...
% % http://www.slashdot.org
%
%   http://senderek.de/security/key-experiments.html
%
% vulnerable to attack.  The other spoiler: it looks like it affects GPG,
% too, if you have a modified public key.

I've since been forwarded a couple of posts from the gnupg-users list.
Just in case anyone doesn't have the info, the correct version is

  - gpg can be used to analyze the keys

  - a gpg-generated version 4 key can be compromised

  - gpg encryption, even with a compromised key, is no problem; gpg does
    not pay attention to the ADK field

So if you use gpg for your encryption, you're fine; if you use pgp[56]*,
then you should ensure that the keys that you have are not compromised;
if your correspondent uses pgp[56]*, then you might take care to ensure
that s/he has a non-compromised copy of your key.

I hope that this clears up any questions generated by these posts :-)

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature