Pedro --

...and then Pedro Alves said...
%
%       Hi. I wanted mutt to display the to_chars flags, but I cannot figure
% out how...

You mean the +,T,C,F chars that note how the message is addressed in
relation to your known addresses?

%
%       My hdr_format is:
%
%       set hdr_format="%4C %Z %{%m/%d} %-15.15F (%4c) %s"

Well, the manual szys that %Z is the message status flags, while %T is
the to_chars chars, but my "%4C %Z ..." shows me the to_chars, so it
would seem that they are included in the status flags.  That, in turn,
would make it seem like you should see them as well.

I've added you to the cc: field, so this message should generate a 'C'
char for you.  Does it?

You might also check your hdr_format from within mutt to see what it
*really* is.  Type

  :set ?hdr_format

and hit return and see what it says; you might be altering it with a hook
somewhere.

Oh, good grief; I just realized that you're using hdr_format instead of
index_format, which means you're using an older version of mutt...  Yep;
1.0pre3us is pretty old, all right; you might consider upgrading to
1.2.5, the latest stable version, even if you don't wish to go to 1.3.x
and play with the development version.  I don't have a 1.0 manual handy,
but I'm fairly sure the expando sequences stayed the same along the way.

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% Pedro Miguel Gameiro Alves
%
% THINK - Tecnologias de Informação
% Tel: +351 21 3590285
% Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature