Hi everyone,

I usually have messages sorted by threads in folders that are related to
mailinglists (and whare they are normally automativally placed by procmail)

On problem I have is that often people start an entire new thread by replying
to a random message in their mailbox, clearing all text and the subject. These
messages still have reference and in-reply-to headers in their message and so
get sorted with the rest of the thread. Also often parts of the thread deviate
from the original subject, and even when people change the subject line they
are still displayed as part of the old thread.

So I would like to have a "prune thread" of sorts. It would only have to remove
the reference and in-reply-to headers from the selected message, and resort the
folder. I have done this repetely by hand (editing the folder with vi) and this
does give the desired effect of displaying the thread seperately.

An inverse of this that "inserts" messages back into threads that have been
orphaned by mail program that don't properly set headers would be nice too.

I'm asking this because I do keep extensive archives of some mailinglists, and
i like to keep these as tructured as possible.

TIA,

Krist

--
Krist van Besien                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]