On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 10:22:20 +0100, Dave Ewart wrote:
> I'm not sure that's the cause of the error message in this case - I
> noticed the message change from "PGP signature verified OK" (or whatever
> it says) to "PGP signature could NOT be verified" when verifying THE
> EXACT SAME MESSAGE after upgrading from Mutt 1.2.x to Mutt 1.3.7 ...
> nothing in the PGP config had been changed.
>
> Guess some bug got introduced in the 1.3.x series?

Older versions of Mutt did only check the exit code from the pgp or
gpg invocation, and would say that the signature had been
succesfully verified if it was zero. Pgp however returns with a zero
exit code even when it cannot verify the signature, so this was
clearly wrong.

Therefore the $pgp_good_sign variable was introduced, and at the
same time the "PGP signature could NOT be verified" message.

But it seems that there is a bug so this message always will come
when an encrypted message is decrypted no matter if it is unsigned
or signed with a good or bad signature. I will look at it and try to
make a fix.

[PS. Mail-Folllowup-To header ignored. You probably have a "lists"
command which should be changed a "subscribe" command"].

--
Byrial
http://home.worldonline.dk/~byrial/