On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 02:39:19PM -0500, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 05:59:34PM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:
>
> > > However, when I receive the inbound copy of that email from the
> > > mailserver (vie fetchmail 5.5.0 and my local MTA, courier) the same
> >
> >  Is there a courier MTA? I have only ever heard of Courier IMAP.
>
> Yeah.  Mr. Sam, the author of Courier IMAP, is also working on what
> promises to be a very cool MTA.  Built-in web mail, mail filtering, all
> sorts of cool stuff.  I belive it's at http://courier.sourceforge.net

Yeah, courier is quite impressive.  I'm using the esmtpd, maildrop, and
imapd-ssl packages here.  Unfortunately, it may be that courier is the
source of the problem I'm having.

I tracked the gpg portion of the problem down and it turns out that
something is reordering the MIME headers inside the text/plain portion
of the message.  Specifically,

becomes

and (suprise, suprise) the sig is bad.

Not a MIME guru, but I imagine this is not acceptable behavior.

JA

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
rigged demo..."                                 (from buff)

Jonathan S. Anderson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), D470
The MITRE Corporation               Phone  (781) 271-2740 or
202 Burlington Rd                   DSN    478-1186 x2740
Bedford, MA 01730-1420              FAX    (781) 271-5781

PGP signature