David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 12 Oct 2000:
> % > mailboxes `find ~/Mail -type f -print | grep -v sent | xargs`
>
> [BTW, Patric, you shouldn't even need the xargs on there.]

Really?  I thought it was a known "feature" that Mutt's ``-expansion
only pays attention to the first line of the output?  If that's so,
then the xargs is useful in converting multi-line listing to a
single-line listing.

> IMAP server for a directory listing so that something like
>
>   mailboxes `get_imap_server_folder_list | egrep 'only|wanted|folders'`
>
> would work...

That feature could be added into the command-line IMAP filtering tool
that's been speculated about. ;-)

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /