On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 01:33:50PM +0930, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> http://anon.xg.nu/remailer-page.html#top
>
> The newsgroup alt.privacy.anon-server is the best of several that look
> as if they might have something about mixmaster, and remailers. It has
> a good FAQ posted every Wednesday. I think it is archived at:-
>
> http://www.almostnotcrazy.org/b/apasfaq/apas-faq.html

Thanks.

> I am concentrating on type 1 remailers at present. I amy look again at
> mixmaster later.

Have you looked at premail? Last version I know of was 0.46, available at
http://www.radiusnet.net/crypto/archive/remailer/premail/

Premail facilitates using chained remailers: To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ((chain=3))

It also largely automates nym creation.

Unfortunately, it uses old style comment addressing for commands, and Mutt is
paternalistic about addresses and automatically rewrites (mungs, in this
application) the addresses that need to be passed to premail. Mutt has a
compile switch to turn off the automatic address rewriting, but there is a
warning in the docs that it is broken and should not be used. I wish I were
capable of fixing it.

Nyms and remailers are *so* much easier to use under DOS & Windoze (Potato,
Jack B Nymble), it's an embarassment to the *nix community. IMO.

-rex

--
The King has note of all that they intend,
By interception which they dream not of.