Kai Blin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Fri, 10 Nov 2000:
> Forwarded to list.

> From: Kimberly Vher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> ya i tried to open the mail and its still the same.

Really?  Ok, it's possible.

> >> please help me with my prob. when I run the command :
> >>
> >> mutt -f /home/user/Maildir
> >>
> >> I get all the messages have a length of 0?

This is actually answered in the FAQ.  When Mutt reads emails from a
Maildir folder for displaying in the index, it only reads the headers.
It doesn't read the body (because it saves time that way, opening the
folder is faster).  But as a result, Mutt can't know how many lines
there are in the message, it can only know the message size in bytes.

In order to display the number of lines in the index, you must make
sure that each email contains a "Lines:" header that tells how many
lines there are.  You can add this to all incoming messages (if they
don't have one) by using a message filtering/delivery tool such as
procmail, or maildrop.  The Mutt FAQ has a suitable rule to use for
procmail.

(You can find the FAQ from http://www.mutt.org/ )

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /