Add this to the keyboard section of the MAIN file for the theme you use for
mutt:

# F1 - F4 since xterm sends different codes for these mutt is looking for them
# instead of what Eterm sends by default.
keysym 0xFFBE "^[OP"
keysym 0xFFBF "^[OQ"
keysym 0xFFC0 "^[OR"
keysym 0xFFC1 "^[OS"

FYI this assumes Eterm-0.8.10, Eterm-0.9 uses different configuration files.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

Maslow's Maxim:  If the only tool you have is a hammer,
you treat everything like a nail.