Kelly Scroggins proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> I'm having a problem sending mail *>OUT<* of my Linux box.  Recieving
> mail works very well.
> Starting sendmail: WARNING: Group writable directory /etc
> WARNING: Group writable directory /etc
> WARNING: Group writable directory /etc

sounds obvious doesn't it?  Dont make /etc group writable - and your hassle is
solved

root@samba:/root# ls -ld /etc
drwxr-xr-x   27 root     root         4096 Nov 30 22:28 /etc/

> I've changed the permissions on the /etc/sendmail.cw file too.  The
> change I made was to make it world writable.  That did not work either.

 Not the _file_ - the DIRECTORY /etc

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI