Jonathan Gift proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> I just moved over from elm where I could start ina  given folder by
> giving an elm -f foldername command. Now I know you can do that with

This works in mutt too

> mutt but I thought there might be a cleaner way in .muttrc of giving it
> an opening folder aside from /var/mail:user.

:r ! grep mailboxes .muttrc

set folder=~/Mail               # where i keep my mailboxes
set noconfirmappend             # don't ask me if i want to append to mailboxes
set write_inc=25                # show progress while writing mailboxes
mailboxes `echo $HOME/Mail/*`

These four commands should help you :)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI