Hi Listers,

I have downloaded the new mutt 1.2.5i rpm with compressed folder option enabled.

I have created a gzip file oldlih.gz ( tar -zcvf oldlih nov2000 ). Here nov2000 is the
archieve of the mailing list mailbox of nov. The new /etc/Muttrc has got the following
additional hooks for compressed folders :

# gzip
open-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -cd %f > %t"
close-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -c %t > %f"
append-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -c %t >> %f"
#
# bzip2
open-hook \\.bz2$ "bzip2 -cd %f > %t"
close-hook \\.bz2$ "bzip2 -c %t > %f"
append-hook \\.bz2$ "bzip2 -c %t >> %f"

But when I try to access this oldlih.gz I am getting the message for a split second
decompressing oldlih.gz and than the mutt bar displays  the message no mailbox. What's
wrong ?

I have even tried adding the above hooks in my ~/.mutt/muttrc. Same thing happens.

Can anybody help me out ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

--