For the most part I use the North American flavour of things (i.e., not i18n),
but occasionally I recieve and send emails in iso-8859-2 charset.  After much
frustrating experimentation, setting LC_CTYPE to "en_CA.ISO-8859-2" gets me
the proper charset in mutt.  This works (I get Latin-2 chars when needed, but
text is in english), but some other apps complain about this wierd mix of
charset and locale.

So I would like to read up on this stuff (locale, NLS, charmaps, etc.).  Can
anyone recommend any beginner/intro stuff on this stuff?  Online URLs
preferred.  Also if anyone can point out a better way to do what I want above,
that'd be great too.

Thanks

--
Maciej Kalisiak         [EMAIL PROTECTED]     www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac