geoffrey proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> The problem is that I cannot get mutt to hand off mail to postfix for
> delivery. When I attempt to send email, mutt stops with the message:
> "Error sending message, child exited 127 (Exec error.)."

 Is postfix running at all?  Is mutt pointing to the right path?  (postfix
 plugs neatly into sendmail - and /usr/sbin/sendmail will work well)

 login as root on your box and give a

 # postfix start

 then try again

> of yet. When I looked over the mutt Makefile I noticed the line:

> SENDMAIL = no

 SENDMAIL = @SENDMAIL@ is what my makefile says.

 Did you install postfix _after_ you installed mutt, by any chance? Try
 recompiling mutt now, it should work.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI