Gary, et al --

...and then Gary said...
% Hi Mutt men (and women),
%
% I have a friend who I have been running tests with on PGP/MIME compliance
% with his Eudora v5.0.2.  He recieved my encrypted MIME email and his Eudora

Ick.

% was able to decrypt it without problems.  I am using GnuPG with my Mutt
% v1.2.5i.

Yay!

%
% Next I sent him an encrypted and signed email with an attachment. Of course
% both the email and attachment are automatically encrypted.   He could not

Right.

% read the attachment.  According to him, they came up as *.ems attachment

Yep.

% along with the main message which Eudora could not read (the attachment).
% It was a gif attachment.  He says that Eudora swears that it is fully
% RFC2015 compliant.

They lie.  It's a documented bug (sorry, I can't specifically recall
where, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the archives) that Eudora
can't handle both signed and encrypted mail.  If you want to encrypt to
your pal, you will have to send the mail without signing it.

%
% Any thoughts

Eudora, which sucks a bit less than most PC mail programs, still sucks.

%
% --
% Best regards,
% Gary
%
% Today's thought: Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

I love this, though :-)

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature