On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 12:09:26PM +0100, Dirk Ruediger wrote:
> > I have a problem during startup of mutt on a fast hardware.
> > Starting mutt with
> >  xterm -geometry 220x80+70+100 -vb -T "mutt Mail" -j -e mutt
> > produces a large xterm, but mutt only uses 1/3 of the lines.
> > <...>
>
> I use a script Xmutt and the "essential" line is:
>
> xterm -T "Mail for ${USER}@${HOSTNAME}" -geometry 85x47+100+10 -e mutt $*

Thanks for the script and the suggestion, but that does not work.
My approch worked on a PIII @ 500 MHz without any problem. Now I have
a 1200 MHz Thunderbird and it looks like beeing "too fast"

I get the window with the following layout

                 <Title>
<Mutt men description>
<IndexEntries>

<bottom line with mailbox-name, etc.>

EMPTY LINES
EMPTY LINES
EMPTY LINES
EMPTY LINES

Mutt does not use these empty lines, an emacs -nw editor does use
them.

If the width of the xterm is too big, the mutt bottom line is not
drawn from left to right but only from left to 2/3 of the width.

TIA
Frank