Dave Murray proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> Thanks for the help.  After lot's of stuff.  Fixed DNS, ran install-sendmail
> script, ... I've got it to where when I send this, it won't actualy go.
> Repeat, gets same result, then repeat again gives [  OK  ][  OK  ]
> Then the mail gets sent!
> I'm getting close, any ideas?

 Something flaky with your sendmail install / the system's under very high
 memory load because of something.  Reinstall sendmail (preferably compiling
 it).

 And next time, use
 # kill -HUP `head -n1 /var/run/sendmail.pid`
 to restart sendmail.

 [tip thanks to Per Hadeland on comp.mail.sendmail]

        -s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI