Tom von Schwerdtner proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> 1) Is there anyway to sort the headers so they display in a certain order in
> mutt?  If not, can you suggest a way to do this (using exim maybe, or
> procmail)?

# Specify the order of the headers to appear when displaying a message
#       hdr_order <hdr1> [ <hdr2> ... ]
unhdr_order *                           # forget the previous settings
hdr_order date from subject to cc

> 2) Anyone out there using mutt with a local maildir as opposed to mbox?  Any
> comments on advantages or just things you like over the usual mbox setup?
> Any suggestions/pointers as to how I should go about making the switch from
> mbox to maildir (can exim do it?)?

First, use a mbox to maildir type converter to migrate your existing mails
(plenty available at http://www.cr.yp.to)

Second, reconfigure sendmail to deliver to maildirs (actually, you reconfigure
your local delivery agent - newer procmails do maildir delivery, or try
maildrop - http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop ..)

re exim - yeah, exim can easily do maildirs.  no hassles

This transport is for courier imap's vmailmgr -

vmailmgr_trn:
driver = appendfile
maildir_format = true
directory = /var/${domain}/users/${local_part}
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add

Third, there's a variable $mbox_type - set it to "maildir" in .muttrc

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI