On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Wayne Chapeskie wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 07:35:01AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >
> > > % pre-compiled binaries?
> >
> > > ... but I'd like to encourage you to make your binaries available for the
> > > next guy :-)
> >
> >  Speaking of that, I do have access to an old sun os 4.1 box on my
> >  LAN - and the best I could manage was a rather antique version
> >  (well, it's stable, works for me ....)
> >
> >  Any idea of where to get a new curses library for smi-4.1?  Or
> >  would I be better off using slang?
>
> We have an old Sun, running SunOS 4.1.4, which has mutt-1.2.5i running with
> slang-0.99.38.  Both slang and mutt build without incident, however
> that machine has a heavily modified development environment
> (gcc+gmake, and so on) so I cannot guarantee that you could build with
> a stock SunOS environment.  I don't know whether a binary built on
> 4.1.4 will run on 4.1.3 -- there may be shared library version
> problems -- but if anyone wants the binaries, let me know.

afaik, ncurses builds/works on any Unix platform that slang does (as well
as as few that I've noticed slang won't work properly on such as SCO).

We still have a few SunOS 4.1.3's that support a legacy app (not using
ncurses) or which I do test builds.

--
T.E.Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dickey.his.com