( Mär-26-2001 ) Wilhelm Wienemann <--:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> > The funny problem looks like this (I use the german):
> > The date is randomly displayed wrong when it come to a diaresis.
> > Mär-24
> > M.r-24
> > Mär-24
> > M.r-24
> What's telling you the 'locale' command?

I was just about to write you the result which I found a quite correct
mixture of german and posix when I got the idea maybe check that
against some recently posted thread.
I changed iso-8859-1 to de_DE.ISO-8859-1 and that did the trick.
Seems like I must keep an eye on very correct writing here.
Thank you Wilhelm for pushing my attention into the right direction.
--
Erika