Dave Csercsics wrote:
> Ok, Mutt ios a great program and all that but I have a couple
> questions. Well a problem and a question. The problem is that I cannot
> figure out how to tell mutt the name of my smtp server so that I can
> get mutt to send mail. I can receive fine but not send. Any help with
> this would be greatly appreciated. Now my question. When I am done
> editing the body of my message why is it put into the message that I
> am about to send as an attachment rather than in the message body? How
> would you change that so that when you edit a message it gets put in
> the body of the message you are about to send. That is all I have for
> now. I think this program is great and I would like it even more if I
> could send my mail.

Okay firstly please wrap you lines to somewhere under 80 characters.
Mutt doesn't send directly to a remote smtp server.  It uses your local
system's smtp server.  If you dont want to install something like
sendmail/postfix/etc you can install something like nullmailer,
masqmailer, ssmtp which will deliver your mail to an external smtp
server.  With the sending the body as an attachment I dont think mutt
does sent it as an attachment, it just looks like it does.  But I may
be wrong on that.

--
Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
get more wax!!

PGP signature