Would someone please give me the correct syntax if I want to combine
AND and OR with ~characters, my common sense lines are not recognized
the way I intended.

Example: if expression is found in to,cc OR from ...whatever
working: .. "~C <expr> | ~f <expr>" ...
but not: .. "(~C | ~f) <expr>"      ...
but not: .. "~C | ~f <expr>"        ...

How would I best use the shortest syntax for these my_writings, as
the expression is in all cases identical there should be a way of
only using it once, right?

"~c1 OR ~c2 OR ~c3 <expr for 3 chars>"
= expression found in either c1 or c2 or c3

"~c1 AND ~c2 AND ~c3 <expr for 3 chars>"
= expression found in c1 and additional c2 and additional c3

"!(~c1 OR ~c2) ~c3 <expr for 3 chars>"
= expression not found in c1 or in c2 but found in c3

and how do I include "standalones" without expression like tagged
into this sheme?

Thank you.
--
Erika