Joe Rice wrote:

> please excuse me if this made to the list already.
> i had some subscription problems.
>

> hi,
>   I'm using vim as the editor for mutt.  just recently
> i started to get this huge line of random characters
> at the bottom of all the email i compose.  This had never
> happened before.  I upgraded vim to the latest version thinking
> it had something to do with "Malicious embedded VIM control codes".
> the problem still persisted.  I then upgraded mutt to 1.3.17i
> and it is still happening.  I've never used a sig and i don't have
> any thing in my .muttrc that would include one.  If anyone can
> help solve this problem i would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
> joe

As I responded the first time, in case Joe didn't receive it:

I believe the $signature variable defaults to "~/.signature" if
you have not specified something else.  Have you checked to see
if somehow you or something has created a ~/.signature file,
perhaps unintentionally?

        -- Mr. Wade

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation