On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:45:51AM +0200, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Seriously, installing, configuring, running, administering a simple MTA
> like ssmtp may be not much to ask but it's still another piece of
> software to deal with, concepts to master, docs to read, precious time
> people don't have.

Sorry, but _IMHO_ a person not willing to install / use a MTA separat
from Mutt will not use mutt either. He want to use some software with
a polished GUI with some buttons to click and press and all that suff ...
Installing a very tiny one should be no problem.

BTW
Many Linux distributions (yes, mutt is used on many other OS, too,
_no_ OS-war) provide a preconfigured MTA. The user has just to
configure it. Using all those graphical frontends that should be no
problem. Therefore I do not see the direct profit for integrating SMTP
into mutt.

Developers, please keep all that SMTP-stuff out of mutt.

As already posted the suggestion to add a small MTA as a separate
program with separate options and separate configuration should be an option.

Just my 2 cents,

Frank