Michael Tatge [mutt-users] <Thu, May 17, 2001 at 01:55:46AM +0200>:

> dave hoye muttered:
> > I would like to have fetchmail retrieve my messages from within mutt.
> > This way procmail is able to move the messages to the proper folders.
> > The way I currently have mutt configured, -all- of the mail goes to my

> You mean like:
> macro index \ea !fetchmail<enter> "run fetchmail"
> Configure fetchmail to use procmail as mda or have your MTA call
> procmail and you're done.

Fetchmail hands off to your local $MTA (which then uses its local
delivery agent - lmtp, deliver, procmail, whatever.

If you configure your local MTA to handoff to procmail
(FEATURE(`local_procmail') and MAILER(`procmail') in sendmail) then
this is out of the box.

        -s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI