On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 01:00:03PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> On 2001.05.24, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       "adam morley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you look on Sun's site, there is a link to a company that is
> > > doing the porting work for GNOME to Solaris. Last time I looked
> > > they hadn't quite got 1.4 packaged, but it was expected real soon
> > > now.
> >
> > also, something i forgot to mention is that sun is "ditching" cde for
> > gnome.  and some funky webdesk stuff, but thats another story.  im
> > guessing at a release date of gnome 2.0/solaris 9 timeframe.  heard
> > their desktop group actually has ppl on the gnome team...also heard
> > something about star office and open office getting together.

Beta packages are being distributed by Ximian already (this is GNOME 1.4
/ Solaris 8). For the last while, it's seemed that they will ship a
heavily modified 1.4 with Solaris 9 sometime in October. And yes, they
do have people on the gnome team, and Star Office and Open Office are
even going as far as being 'merged' (heavily borrowing from each other).

--
-Munish