Hello,

I have problems with mutt's charset settings.

I  am  using  iso-8859-2  charset,  but I  cannot  configure  mutt  to
display  accented characters  properly  when the  incoming letter  has
missing "charset" part in the Content-Type.

I have tried:

set charset="iso-8859-1,iso-8859-2"
charset-hook X-unknown iso-8859-2
charset-hook iso-88951 iso-8859-1
charset-hook iso-88952 iso-8859-2
charset-hook "iso-8859-1,iso-8859-2" iso-8859-2
set send_charset="iso-8859-2"

This seems  to be good,  so I can view  emails sent from  hotmail, but
if I send an email, the subject will be garbled:

  Subject: =?iso-8859-1,iso-8859-2?B?4cnJwUxfOj/ByVDV?=
        =?iso-8859-1,iso-8859-2?Q?=C1L?=

Other try was this:

set charset="iso-8859-2"
charset-hook X-unknown iso-8859-2
charset-hook iso-88591 iso-8859-2
charset-hook iso-88592 iso-8859-2
charset-hook iso-8859-1 iso-8859-2
set send_charset="iso-8859-2"

But this it  seems to have problem with the  accented characters also,
so simply does not work.

The header of the mail I got looks like this:

Can anybody tell how to solve this problem?

Of course I use "LANG=hu_HU" when I use mutt.

Thanks for the help in advance,

dLux
--
=< Slay not he that cannot hear, be thankful ye that hath an ear >=