On 2001-06-07 at 12:49 -0500 Michael Janssen sent off:
>I am using mutt to read mail on a NFS mounted home mail directory.  This works
>fine, except that when I start mutt, it doesn't notice that I have new mail in
>the folders listed in my mailboxes.   For example, I'll start mutt knowing that

I see this problems since some time, too. It's not a kernel issue but
I suspect something in glibc got broken some time ago. Don't use mbox
format via NFS. NFS is just a broken. Switch to maildir if your
mailboxes are on an NFS share. Procmail supports this, too by the way.
Just add a / behind your mailbox name in your procmailrc.

Bjoern