On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 09:38:47AM -0400, Louis LeBlanc wrote:

> Hmm. What if you set a macro for a key sequence? I use '.<key>' for some
> of my macros, but trying to get rid of them if I don't want to forget and
> use them in another folder can be tricky. Any ideas there?

Did you try the advice you replied to? I just did. First I created a macro
to show the mutt version:

,----
| macro index "..v" <show-version>
`----

so, pressing "dot-dot-v" causes mutt to display its version details.

Then I tested to see if it could be cleared using `bind' and noop:

,----
| bind index "..v" noop
`----

sure enough, pressing "dot-dot-v" now gives:

,----
| Key is not bound.  Press '?' for help.
`----

How didn't it work for you?

--
Dave Pearson:              | mutt.octet.filter - autoview octet-streams
http://www.davep.org/      | mutt.vcard.filter - autoview simple vcards