Conor Daly [mutt-users] <19/06/01 08:47 +0000>:
> I sent this to the Irish LUG but I thought I'd try out mutt users in case
> any sendmail gurus could help.

> > > Now, I'm getting "relaying prohibited" errors when I sendmail -q
> > That's curious - most ISPs allow relaying from their domains i.e. if you
> > dial in to oceanfree, you can use smtp.oceanfree.net for smtp, and there's
> > no need for pop before smtp authentication. If smtp.oceanfree.net suddenly

If there's pop before smtp, put a script into ip-up.local (assuming linux) that
calls fetchmail first before /usr/sbin/sendmail -q

> Can any sendmail gurus point me towards the appropriate config for SMTP
> AUTH?

_If_ that ISP supports it, it is http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html

ps - point the guy to comp.mail.sendmail

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI