This is very easy to do.  I have a .mutt directory with files that I
'source' from my .muttrc.  For example, I have a file .mutt/headers
that I call from my .muttrc as follows:

source ~/.mutt/headers          # Configure header display

and it looks like this:

# -*- muttrc -*-
#
# Configure header displays.
#

# Ignore all headers
ignore *

# Then un-ignore the ones I want to see
unignore From:
unignore To:
unignore Subject:
unignore Date:
unignore Organization:
unignore Newsgroups:
unignore CC:
unignore BCC:
unignore Message-ID:
unignore X-Mailer:
unignore User-Agent:
unignore X-Junked-Because:

# Now order the visable header lines
hdr_order From: Subject: To: CC: BCC: Date: Organization: User-Agent:

If all you want to see if To:, From:, Subject: and Date:, then the
last line for you would read:

hdr_order To: From: Subject: Date:

/rc