Hello,

Some days ago, I asked for help on this list because I couldn't
stand the colors appearing in vim/mutt when replying to messages.

Several people explained how to fix this behavior. I'd like first of
all to thank them, especially Felix von Leitner, for providing many
useful suggestions. Eventually I set:

set editor = "/usr/bin/vim -c '/^$/+1' -u '~/.mutt_vim.rc'"

where mutt_vim_rc is the file attached to this message.

Now colors are wonderful, but:

1) when I reply to message, I see an error message flash in the mutt
window, too quick to read it.

2) vim behaves strangely: it doesn't react to the backspace key, or to the back
arrow key, for example. Running from the command line "vim -s .mutt_vim.rc"
doesn't produce any visible error.

Any clues, or suggestions on how to capture the flashing error message?

The only thing I can see weird in that file is that, having pasted it from
the mutt window to an emacs buffer, it ended up with MANY blank spaces at
the end of each line...

        TIA,
                        Marco Fioretti

muttvimrc.bz2