On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:30:49AM -0400, Ken Weingold wrote:
> You have a thread going
> on for a while, and want to quote it, but it is MANY lines.  That is
> where I wonder what to do, since you could have more than a page-worth
> of just quoting, and it is all relevent.

Unlikely. The only reason that I can think of for quoting a long message
in full is if you are following up to a very old message which may have
disappeared from news servers. This obviously does not apply to mailing
lists.

Remember that in most cases people reading your followup will have just
read the preceding message. They don't need to see it again.

John
--
"I wrote a few children's books... not on purpose."
                                                  - Steven Wright

PGP signature