on Wed,11 Jul 2001, Mr. Wade wrote:
> Anthony Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I would just like to find out if its possible in mutt to setup so that
> > if you use a signature file, the signature is added to the top of the
> > email, rather than the bottom of the email below the persons original
> > email when replying.
> >
> > I have my signature set in my .muttrc as :
> > set signature="~/signature"     # file which contains my signature
>
> One solution would be to do something like this in your ~/.muttrc
> file:
>
> set attribution="-- \nAnthony.\[EMAIL PROTECTED]\n\nOn %d, %n wrote:"
> macro index  r ":unset signature<enter><reply>" "reply to a message"
*snip*

> Maybe something like this will effect what you're trying to
> accomplish.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to make allowance for prepending a
randomly generated signature file using a script.  At least
backtics only seem to work up to the first "\n".  Suppose the
attribution is this:

set attribution="-- \n `<script>` \n\nOn %d, %n wrote:"

And the script generates "Anthony\nGreen", then only

"--\n Anthony \n\nOn %d, %n wrote:"

shows up in the output... unless there is another way of doing
this.

Chris

--
   Remember that happiness is a mode of travel, not a destination. -Roy
   Goodman